My new mission.....

Pizza ManPizza Man Posts: 133
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
I really want to get the word out on two amazing blues rock guys. The fact that these guys are,t better know is surprising to me. First is Lance Lopez:

The second is Wes Jeans:

Please check these guys out.

Comments

• DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,776
    I like Wes. Prefer him over Lance.
    If i'm gonna listen to some blues i want it aggressive with some hints of dino mixed in. I think wes has that judging this 1 clip. Lance is more typical of the genre i think.He dosen't suck, just dosen't stand out for me.
  • Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuu!
    I'm an easy target for this sort of thing.

LOVE Wes Jeans and that Forest Of The Pine song.  Never heard of him before.  Just love him.
    And he's got a great voice for what he's doing too.

Lance Lopez RULES!  Never heard of him either.  Something about the stage presence of the entire band is really working. Love the bass player's whole thing he's got going right down to his Kiss shirt. I dig that they sound very genuine. They deserve to be playing filthy, nasty, this ain't-for-your-little-sister, blues.    Check out Mr. Rattlesnake next time you're on youtube  :onfire:. :onfire: :icon_syda: :%: :clap1: :dancin:
    Thanks again Pizza Man. You made my day.
  • Pizza ManPizza Man Posts: 133
    Lance Lopez wrote Forest of the  Pines. For another great Lance Lopez tune check out Simplify your vision.
  • [quote author=Pizza Man link=topic=10703.msg163731#msg163731 date=1277868235]
    Lance Lopez wrote Forest of the  Pines. For another great Lance Lopez tune check out Simplify your vision.
    [/quote]
    Oh!  How interesting.  I'd seen they've shared a stage on occasion.  Are they old friends or just professional acqaintences?  Simplify Your Vision is another good one indeed.  I totally dig this guy. 
  • Hey Pizza Man, does Lance Lopez ever do any slide?
  • Pizza ManPizza Man Posts: 133
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=10703.msg163747#msg163747 date=1277901718]
    Hey Pizza Man, does Lance Lopez ever do any slide?
    [/quote]

Not that I have heard. :036:
  • [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=10703.msg163746#msg163746 date=1277901545]
    [quote author=Pizza Man link=topic=10703.msg163731#msg163731 date=1277868235]
    [/quote]
    Oh!  How interesting.  I'd seen they've shared a stage on occasion.  Are they old friends or just professional acqaintences?  Simplify Your Vision is another good one indeed.  I totally dig this guy. 
    [/quote]

They're both on the same label, Grooveyard Records, which focuses on heavy bluesy guitar rock mainly and a lot of their artists collaborate with each other. This board's own Janne Stark has released a few records on that label I believe.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,776
    Another Blues thing some of you guys and gals might be interested in:

RENEGADE CREATION

Michael Landau, Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip and Gary Novak. 

Renegade Creation is the new record by veteran musical giants, Michael Landau, Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip and Gary Novak. Blending together to create a blues-driven sound that not only will satisfy their individual fans but is fresh enough to attract a legion of new fans as well. Delivering both rootsy, blues/rock vocal tunes and fiery instrumentals, the band draws on the unique guitar interplay between guitar giants Robben Ford and Michael Landau who inspire each other to new personal bests.

music clips here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/michaellandaurobbenfordjimmyhaslipandgarynovak