What internet browser are you using?

JasonJason Posts: 1,931
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Hi, I'm Jack V, and I use Internet Explorer. :dead:
I'm having alot of message box issues. I have to process everything on Word and then paste it into DRG message window.
I'm formatting my drive and would like to know what browsers you use(d) and what you like about your current browser.

Comments

• Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,843
    Firefox. I like it cause it isn't IE.  But it isn't perfect either.
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,653
    Hopefully I'll be trying out Apple's Safari 4 in the next few days. I've tried Google Chrome and didn't like it. With PCs I've mostly stayed with IE based sites like MyWay or Dell or used AOL.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,843
    Rick, use safari to download Firefox for Mac. Then use that.
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • BaddstuffBaddstuff Posts: 1,305
    I'm partial to Opera and have been for a long time but I also use Firefox
    I just like how Opera works and how the windows open in separate tabs
  • JasonJason Posts: 1,931
    I use Windows XP (for reference). I think you can use any browser and it'll be fine on mac.
  • PsychonautPsychonaut Posts: 537
    I'm using chrome, and I really like it.  It's fast, clean, and while it doesn't have the huge library of add ons or extensions that firefox has, it has some very useful ones, and there are more coming out everyday.  I also have chrome portable on my flash drive and it is synced with my gmail account so it automatically updates and merges my bookmarks on any pc i run chrome on.

http://goo.gl/BfuI
  • JasonJason Posts: 1,931
    I feel like chrome would report back to home base. We all know Google is notorious for disrespecting privacy.

:offtopic:
    Love what their CEO said: (from Wikipedia)
    On December 2009, Google's CEO, Eric Schmidt, declared after privacy concerns: "If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. If you really need that kind of privacy, the reality is that search engines - including Google - do retain this information for some time and it's important, for example, that we are all subject in the United States to the Patriot Act and it is possible that all that information could be made available to the authorities."
    Can you spell police state? (I'm not referring to the Patriot Act, just the underlined part of the quote).

I really respect him for his contributions to the world but that doesn't permit him to decide the rights of billions of people?

:offtopic:
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943
    I use firefox, mostly.
    But for some things I use IE. In denmark we have "digital signature", which confirms who you are for goverment, health and union-issues .
    And it just works on IE, not so much on firefox.
    I have also experienced that some internet retailers web-sites don´t work well with firefox.
    Don´t know why, but when I go shopping on the internet I also use IE.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    I use FF, mainly for the addons that I have that makes my browsing and development way simpler. I also have Chrome and Opera as alternatives when I'm on Windows.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • I use Chrome and love it... I was on FF for a while but went back to Chrome when they came out with the add-ons. Interestingly, I only use 1 of them
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,797
    I'm on Mac and I use Safari 4.  It's very fast, simple, and standard compliant.  However, some french official sites (like the site used for the payment of income taxes  :>:(:) don't accept Safari, and in this case I use Firefox, which is OK, though a tad slower.  On Windows, I'd suggest Firefox.

As for standard compliance issues, it's interesting to take the Acid tests :
    http://www.acidtests.org/

Safari obtains 100/100 with Acid 3, whereas Firefox gets 94/100. I wonder about the score of IE... 

• yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    [quote author=Seven Moons link=topic=10492.msg160468#msg160468 date=1274781739]
    I'm on Mac and I use Safari 4.  It's very fast, simple, and standard compliant.  However, some french official sites (like the site used for the payment of income taxes  :>:(:) don't accept Safari, and in this case I use Firefox, which is OK, though a tad slower.  On Windows, I'd suggest Firefox.
    [/quote]
    This is completely understandable, because you needed to do quite a few mods to make a site work with Safari (at least older versions, but I guess those sites are not new), whereas it would work perfectly with IE and Firefox. Been there, done that, just because the boss of the company we were designing a site for, owned a Mac...
    I've been using IE until version 7 then I switched to Firefox because IE8 was not so good and I stopped doing development under a Microsoft environment.
  • g_stringg_string Posts: 1,664
    Firefox with noscript and adblock and a shitload of other cool addons my favorite being downloadhelper.
    "The whole point of music, from the beginning of time, is to be happy." - Robert Plant
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Firefox for me.

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,797
    [quote author=yngwie666 link=topic=10492.msg160469#msg160469 date=1274783618]
    [quote author=Seven Moons link=topic=10492.msg160468#msg160468 date=1274781739]
    [/quote]
    This is completely understandable, because you needed to do quite a few mods to make a site work with Safari (at least older versions, but I guess those sites are not new), whereas it would work perfectly with IE and Firefox. Been there, done that, just because the boss of the company we were designing a site for, owned a Mac...
    [/quote]
    I've made simple websites for conference announcements/registration, and for friends too, and some parts of HTML code didn't behave in IE as they did in any other browser...  I remember problems with tables, with fonts, and with certain CSS instructions like ":focus"...  That said, it was some 4-5 years ago, so newer versions of IE might be better...