A Fun Weekend Of Music In The Mountains

guitarrednfeatheredguitarrednfeathered Posts: 4,180
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Thought I'd mention this since I had such an amazing time in 2003.  The Pocono Blues Festival is the last weekend in July 2010.  (July 23rd, 24th, and 25th.)  www.PoconoBlues.com  This site gives the line up as well as all kinds of information about the festival and the surrounding area.

If you are within reach of the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains, and dig Blues music you definately want to try and make this.  Hopefully the quality hasn't gone down over the years.  This used to be a best kept secret.  It had a huge draw for years but still seemed to manage to fly a little under the radar.  It maintained a kinder/gentler mentality for a long time.  It's three days and three stages of Blues music.  Past headliners have included Buddy Guy and Robert Cray. 

It's worthwhile to note that I remember being very impressed by how clean everything was and how nice people were.  There was no trash on the ground and no scumbags ruining the fun with fights or other random acts of stupidity.  It was just a nice long weekend of great music and fun.  A ton of people use this as an excuse to go camping for the weekend as there are campgrounds around the area with space to rent for tents or you can rent cabins.  There are also some hotels.  You have to book accomodations way in advance because everything fills up.

Thought I'd pass along the info. :up:

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,653
    Thank You. Those type of venues are few and far between. I've always preferred it when all of the show stopping moments occurred on stage rather than in the audience.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,221
    10-Q for the tip. Might be a good weekend for a raod trip!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!