Just bought tickets to see Prince this summer!

StevilStevil Posts: 3,334
I've always been a Prince fan but I've never had the chance to see him live.
My first single when was 4 years old was Purple Rain.
+ He's got Larry Graham and Graham Central Station opening up for him...
I'm ready for the FUNK!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TAFKApepepurito2#p/u/8/O2rNYe3xNdA
http://www.youtube.com/user/TAFKApepepurito2#p/u/18/VtQkwIYYHjc
Post edited by inmyhands on

Comments

• maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Sounds like it will be a fun night.  Enjoy Stevil

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,653
    Prince is one of those guitarists whose talent on the instrument, (and talent in general), supercedes whatever style he chooses to play at any given moment. His superbowl performance a few years back was outstanding.
    You should have a great time, Stevil.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,221
    Oh man, does this bring back some memories. 1984, Purple Rain the CD and the movie, etc. In early 1985, I was dating this girl who was totally into Prince. She used to sing the lyrics to Prince songs during .... our alone time.  :wink:

In October 1984, tickets went on sale in Atlanta for two Prince shows. A friend and I stayed out in line all night. Both shows sold out immediately, and we were stiffed. The management of the shopping plaza made everybody go home. I went home and went to sleep. Turned out a hour later, they added a third show, but it too had sold out before we even knew about it. :pissed:

I remember the Rock Hall of Fame induction for George Harrison. Prince played "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." It was so cool. At the same time, he played perfect tribute to George while delivering his best Princeness to the piece too!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • I am a HUGE Prince fan and seeing him live will completely knock you out.  He's engaging, funny, personable, entertaining, and an amazing musician, performer, and lyricist.  Have fun!  :dancin:
    If you go in assless chaps and platforms please post us some pics!  :tongue:
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,682
    you will enjoy the show.  I am a veteran of over 20 shows.  He is just fantastic.  You should prepare your self for at least 2.75 hours of pop, soul, funk and yes heavy metal.  He will also do quite a few covers.  On the last tour he covered AC/DC, Zep, Stones, Elvis and also did a 10 minute version of Santana's Soul Sacrifice that was better than Santana.
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=10348.msg158275#msg158275 date=1272312082]
    I am a HUGE Prince fan and seeing him live will completely knock you out.  He's engaging, funny, personable, entertaining, and an amazing musician, performer, and lyricist.  Have fun!  :dancin:
    [/quote]

Any further than that and you'll have to PM one of our resident hot little ladies. :biggrin:
  • [quote author=inmyhands link=topic=10348.msg158313#msg158313 date=1272328923]
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=10348.msg158275#msg158275 date=1272312082]
    I am a HUGE Prince fan and seeing him live will completely knock you out.  He's engaging, funny, personable, entertaining, and an amazing musician, performer, and lyricist.  Have fun!  :dancin:
    [/quote]

Any further than that and you'll have to PM one of our resident hot little ladies. :biggrin:
    [/quote]
    :blush:  Um, I ummm...meant because I really like shoes!!!!!  Platforms rule! *ahem.... :sly:
    My mistake. Chaps cause a red light exposure bell to clang in my ear. Obviously this was for the good of the world. A science project of some sort. The number of hairs per cheek in relationship to the waning of the moon during the seventh sun. Silly me. :rolleyes: