Check Out This Song

LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,729
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
http://www.last.fm/music/Satch+alwin+project/_/Keep+Me+Running?autostart

A good frind of mine recorded this song over the last month. All local players (to me), and done in his home studio. The song was written by a friend of his who is pretty sick.

I love it. It has a really good groove and is just a fun song to listen to.

Comments

• Dig it.  :dancin: It's very user friendly and has some nice guitar things happening I think.
    I hope the writer recovers and continues to make music.
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,729
    Thanks GnF, I agree that it is very user friendly. The song just makes me feel good when I listen to it.  :metal:
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    I like this.  It has a rock with some nice old school rock guitar.  Is the rest of the album this good?  I really like the vibe and feel.

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

[quote author=maybeyes link=topic=10099.msg155069#msg155069 date=1267747790]
    I like this.  It has a rock with some nice old school rock guitar.  Is the rest of the album this good?  I really like the vibe and feel.
    [/quote]

No other songs as far as I know. The page is a bit misleading. Thanks for listening to it!
  • The song is pretty good Stonesy/Faces type of fare.  Other than that, the page containing the track and the recording notes says it was recorded at Echos Recording Studio, Echos Recording Studio  http://www.echoesrecordingstudio.com/

which, while in someone's home, if you look at the site, is certainly NOT "a home studio." 

They have a SHITLOAD of pro recording gear, including several thousands of dollars of mics, mic preamps, and more.

In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
    [quote author=Dinosaur David B link=topic=10099.msg155073#msg155073 date=1267750133]
    The song is pretty good Stonesy/Faces type of fare.  Other than that, the page containing the track and the recording notes says it was recorded at Echos Recording Studio, Echos Recording Studio  http://www.echoesrecordingstudio.com/

which, while in someone's home, if you look at the site, is certainly NOT "a home studio."   

They have a SHITLOAD of pro recording gear, including several thousands of dollars of mics, mic preamps, and more.

[/quote]

Yep,when I asked John about that he told me they did it at Echo. It was my assumption that he had done it in his own basement studio, which while nice, certainly is nowhere near the caliber of Echoes. My bad on that one.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,221
    Killer opening!

Interesting vocal, sort of Runaway-era Joan Jett. Very real, earthy and sincere.

Guitars are thick and syrupy, yet still crunchy. Lots of harmonics, I like that.

Damn, I wish I were in this band! Thanks for posting. :up:
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • merlo_zeppelinmerlo_zeppelin Posts: 1,405
    [quote author=cvansickle link=topic=10099.msg155080#msg155080 date=1267752747]

Interesting vocal, sort of Runaway-era Joan Jett.
    [/quote]

I had the exact same thought. Very cool song overall, guitars sound great. I love me some straight forward rock n roll.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,797
    [quote author=cvansickle link=topic=10099.msg155080#msg155080 date=1267752747]
    Damn, I wish I were in this band!
    [/quote]
    Me too!

No frills, old school ballsy RnR. I dig it.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,653
    You mentioned the songwriter was ill. Is this something serious? He or She has a talent the music world would benefit from. My prayers and best wishes for the songsmith.

Rick
  • otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,680
    Like the modulation to B minor in the pre-chorus.

Not too keen on the singer, but everything else is good.

But then again, who am I to talk?  Y'all have heard my singing.
  • Pizza ManPizza Man Posts: 133
    Are there any bands out there that sound like this? I really dig the boogie and aggression. Any suggestions?
    I talked to John today, the guitar player and force behind organizing the recording, and he told me that if you click on the album there are a few more songs written by Danny that were recorded in the studio. I listened to them and while they aren't dino, they are pretty damn cool anyways.