Dann Huff

Just listened to Giant's first album and I gotta say I totally forgot how awesome the guitar playing on this albums is. I really should get the other Giant's albums too, it's too bad they only did 3 with Dann. I know he did lots of sessions but I probably wouldn't like most of the stuff he played on.

His tone is pretty sweet on I'm a Believer, that intro kicks ass.  :metal:

Comments

• IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    Huff is a sick player. Giant had some great songs. I love the intro to "Time to Burn".
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    Don't bother with the second album. III is good though.

But do check out the new one. I was highly sceptical about Giant without Dan Huff, but it may well be the best Giant CD since Last Of The Runaways!
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,609
    Time to Burn has some very good songs IMHO, but also a fair amount of filler.

III was apparently mostly leftovers from the TTB sessions, but some tracks are better than what ended up on TTB.

A&R men, eh?

I think they're all worth having - Thunder & Lightning on its own justifies TTB for me.

• otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,680
    Good player.

Horrible producer.  It is accused that he went back and re-recorded some of Mustaine and Friedman's parts on Risk.  Mustaine says he only found out when he was remastering the album.

If untrue, Dave is an asshole (who are we kidding here...he already was).  If true, Huff is just as much of one.  That'd be like George Young sneaking in after hours and replacing Malcolm's tracks.