Everything wrong with music in this decade...

IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
Emo-mallcore-screamo-autotuned- synth pop rolled into one. And it's a real band.  :tongue: Listen to the changes in the song. No flow, and each new riff sucks worse that the last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5886Nb_psg

:eyetwitch: :eyetwitch: :eyetwitch: :eyetwitch: :eyetwitch: :eyetwitch: :eyetwitch: :eyetwitch:

I have a sick compulsion to buy the album, or at least listen to all of it, just to see if the whole album is this disjointed and bad.

Comments

• Worst thing I have seen in a long time.  Thanks for ruining my night.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943
    Their "crap/crab walk stance" is awesome !
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Is that the crabcore band Attack Attack? This video provided me lots of laughs last year.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,797

:eyetwitch:  Actually, I've already seen this video, but I thought it was some kind of joke, like the Metal Farmer:

• JasonJason Posts: 1,931
    I've watched this video a few times in the past. I can't keep a straight face. It's almost like watching this:
    I just really can't take it seriously. Good technicians but the doomy part at the beginning is hilarious. Both guitarists sound exactly the same, And then they go into that stereotypical doom/sludge diminished riff.

I love Howie Simon's sweeps:
    Here's some Dino Cazares (MUST SEE):
    762 600 views?  :036:

FPE has pretty good shots though I must say -- good quality videos, and decent sound too.
  • I am at a loss for words that will fully describe just how much that sucked. People actually like this shit? The Dino Cazares clip is irritating as well. Not a big fan of dropped tuned sludgey riffs so that explains why I don't like it. CHUGGA CHUGGA.........CHUGGA CHUGGA..............WEEEEEEEEEEEE....CHUGGA.......WEEEEEEEEEEE.......CHUGGA CHUGGA.
    I will admit that I find it entertaining. It's funny to watch even if it doesn't speak to me on a musical level. I wonder if that's part of the appeal? Let's watch this guy spit out farts from his guitar. That's kind of what drop tuned sludge sounds like to me.
    I have no clue how Iommi got away with downtuning to C#. I love Iommi.  Maybe it's just the timing of all this sludge core shit?  :036:
    One thing I must say: production on this Bring Me The Horizon track is amazing:
    It must be hard to keep each part clearly separated from each other. He's also screaming into the mic, so it's almost like producing drums (screaming is not a musical note, it's more of a percussion sound).
    Badass lyrics in the beginning. Too bad I can't understand the rest.  :down:
    It's so weird, like -- I hear the song once, and there's no desire for me to go back to it because of the music. It's more about hearing the production for me.
  • Indeed, the "flow" in those changes is lacking....holy moly.  I'm not understanding how he got his pants on and how he isn't passing out while he's screaming.
  • No wonder so many people hate heavy metal now.  When I opened up the Youtube video of Attack Attack, one of the first comments I saw was "holy shit this is fucking terrible".  That about sums it up.  :chuckle:
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943
    In a different genre, but still downtuned and growling:

These guys are maybe not for everyone, but I look forward to seeing them at Wacken this year:

• [quote author=Agrippa link=topic=10044.msg154451#msg154451 date=1267095580]
    In a different genre, but still downtuned and growling:

These guys are maybe not for everyone, but I look forward to seeing them at Wacken this year:

[/quote]

You are a down-right Wild Man, Agrippa!
    [quote author=EP3383 link=topic=10044.msg154432#msg154432 date=1267061803]
    No wonder so many people hate heavy metal now.
    [/quote]
    When people ask me about my musical tastes, I always say "pre-1990 hard rock". I never use the term "heavy metal" because of all the negative connotations it has. It's almost misleading to call ACCEPT "heavy metal". Casual music listeners don't know anything about genres, so I couldn't say I like "trad metal" or "classic metal".

The only modern band I like is Avenged Sevenfold. Not a fan of the vocal style or the production, but the album City of Evil was as close to good traditional metal that we got this decade. Good songs, good lead work, successful in the mainstream. Not great, but good.
    BEAST AND THE HARLOT
    SEIZE THE DAY
    Before that their work doesn't interest me. On City of Evil, I always felt they were a mix between GNR and Iron Maiden. Synyster could have been one of my biggest heroes if he had better tone and better phrasing.
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    [quote author=Jack V link=topic=10044.msg154505#msg154505 date=1267137899]

I never use the term "heavy metal" because of all the negative connotations it has.
    [/quote]

Same here.
  • [quote author=Jack V link=topic=10044.msg154505#msg154505 date=1267137899]
    [quote author=EP3383 link=topic=10044.msg154432#msg154432 date=1267061803]
    No wonder so many people hate heavy metal now.
    [/quote]
    When people ask me about my musical tastes, I always say "pre-1990 hard rock". I never use the term "heavy metal" because of all the negative connotations it has. It's almost misleading to call ACCEPT "heavy metal". Casual music listeners don't know anything about genres, so I couldn't say I like "trad metal" or "classic metal".

The only modern band I like is Avenged Sevenfold. Not a fan of the vocal style or the production, but the album City of Evil was as close to good traditional metal that we got this decade. Good songs, good lead work, successful in the mainstream. Not great, but good.
    BEAST AND THE HARLOT
    SEIZE THE DAY
    Before that their work doesn't interest me. On City of Evil, I always felt they were a mix between GNR and Iron Maiden. Synyster could have been one of my biggest heroes if he had better tone and better phrasing.
    [/quote]

I have in the past always said "metal" or "heavy metal" were my musical interests... But lately I've realized how wrong it was of me to say that. The "heavy metal" that is played these days I can't get into at all. Drop tuned noise with devilish screaming over top just doesn't appeal, it doesn't even sound like music honestly. I think I realized this at the Arch Enemy/Exodus show I was at. I just wanted to leave when Exodus started playing... Thankfully the Amott's came out after a while and all was right again  :metal:.

Also, I've always said that I hate Avenged Sevenfold. But right now I was just thinking... Do I really dislike the music or am I just hopping on the bandwagon? Considering that most of my friends (Isaac included I believe) are always on about how the music is terrible and sounds like piss. I haven't actually heard much lately though, so I'm not in a great position to judge.

Anywho, on topic. Attack Attack changed my life. The beautiful breakdowns, random eurosynth, and poppy boy-band vocal interjections among death growling comes together in a majestic mash up of genres that is truly a sight to behold.

All kidding aside, this music really makes me want to kill all of the young in our land who are mindlessly sucking at the "in" teat.  :ahhh:

Interesting to note that I'm 15 eh?
    Yeah. Being 20 and talking to my dad about when he was 20 -- makes me feel like our generation is lacking something. I know it's kind of biased of us, because we are into Dino rock -- but even people who aren't into dino rock think music is missing something. You see it all the time on youtube comments, other forums, people's parents etc.. We're missing heroes. Pop had all those divas (Christina, Britney et al). Rock has Slash and Zakk -- but these guys are getting older and the quality of music they put out depreciates over time (to be fair this is true with every band). Zakk doesn't carry the torch anymore IMO, image aside. I really hope Slash's solo album delivers, but even he can't carry the torch alone. I was just discussing this with a friend the other day. She is a casual listeners of bands like ACDC, Scorpions, and like she even says that something is missing from today's musicians.
    Then we have a guy like Joe Elliot -- who I don't really care for musically, but he agrees with me  :rotflmfao::
    Interesting comment: introvert and extrovert performers

I think our generation of rock guitarists needs to bring the extrovert performers back.
    EDIT: Lady Gaga once mentioned how she wants to bring the "superfan" back. Check the views on this video: (130 million)

Good for her!